Hi folks! ❤ It’s the first day of the new year today, and it’s time for my second monthly gratitude post. I have plenty to look back on and be grateful for from last year, and so much to look forward to this year!
5 awesome things that happened in 2016:
- Getting to watch my sweet little peanut grow, change, learn so much, and become a regular chatterbox! Being able to see her personality unfold as she learns something new every day has been amazing. She’s sweet, has a great sense of humour, and a gentle heart. Tasha, you make your mummy very proud! As our fave bedtime story puts it: I taught you lots of things I know, and learned so much from you.
- Meeting amazing people who have expanded my horizons, seen potential in me that helped me grow my confidence. I’ve been intellectually stimulated, and have been able to better understand both the world around and myself. Thank you for inspiring me with your wisdom, kindness and strength; they say that you’re only as good as the company you keep, and the people in my life have helped me to learn, change and grow so much. I’ve also made some really great friends, and so has Tasha!
- Being able to develop my creative writing skills, especially my poetry on Medium; I love being able to share that side of my mind. Also, I’d been avoiding making art for ages because I have a mild coordination disability so I’d internalised the idea that I’m not any good at it. But this year I stopped caring and drew/painted anyway just because I wanted to 😄
- I realised how beautiful my city is! From the gorgeous cityscape at Elizabeth Quay to the 50-hectare Craigie Bushland Sanctuary down the road from my house, Perth is a wonderful place to live. Having a child has helped me to truly appreciate that for the first time.
- I started HappyEcoMama. Which has given me the chance to get to know other green mamas, brought me into the mummy-blogger community, and introduced me to heaps of other awesome mummy blogs – Constance Hall, you are my spirit animal hehehe!My New Years resolutions for 2017 are pretty straightforward: to carry on writing, drawing, thinking, learning, loving, and raising a great kid. To be present in the moment, and grateful. And to eat more pizza because life is short!
I’m looking forward to see what 2017 has to bring me and my lovely little girl. Have a great new year, everyone!