I’d like to introduce you to a new addition to my blog: I’m going to post on the 1st of each month about 5 things that I’m grateful for.
You may have heard about the psychological benefits of cultivating gratitude (if not, here’s an excellent article from Psychology Today about how gratitude makes you happier!), and about some of the ways that people do it: gratitude journals, the 100 Happy Days challenge, the #dailydoseofpositivity hashtag, the Three Gratitudes exercise, and so on.
So I thought I’d up the ante a bit and make my gratitudes public – just like how people tend to lose weight and exercise more if they announce a goal, my goal is to be more grateful and to remember all the things in my life that make me happy!
So here we go:
- It’s been just over a month since I started Happy Eco Mama, and I’m loving having a creative outlet and to get to know so many new people! Thank you to my family and my old and new friends for their support ❤
- Thank you to my wonderful little girl for lighting up my life, making me smile, laugh, and kvell. I am so, so grateful for the miracle of watching you blossom and grow, getting to know you as a person, and being filled with joy as I watch you explore the world.
- I’m grateful that I live in such a beautiful city, in the aptly-named Lucky Country, with so many fun things for me and my little one to do! I’ve seen quite a bit of the world now, and I am so glad I had the chance to broaden my horizons through travel, but Perth will always be my home.
- Thank you to the awesome new people I’ve met at university during my Social Impact course, for inspiring me with their passions, interests and stories. It’s been a life-changing experience, and I know we’re all looking forward to using the knowledge we’ve learned in class to make a difference!
And most importantly:
- Thank you for the sad bits, bad bits and even the most painful bits of my past, for helping me build character, resilience, strength and fortitude. I wouldn’t change a thing. Every lesson I’ve learned, even the hardest ones, have better prepared me and contributed towards a bright, wonderful future for me and my little girl. I’m grateful for the lemons, because I was able to make such amazing lemonade 🙂